Purposes of homework
We believe that homework is an important part of the learning process for the following reasons.
Download more information about homework here
- Learning at home is a valuable part of schooling.
- Homework allows for practising, extending and consolidating work done in class.
- Homework establishes habits of study, time management, concentration and self-discipline which will serve students for the rest of their lives.
- Homework strengthens home-school links.
- Homework reaffirms the role of parents and caregivers as partners in education.
- Homework provides parents and caregivers with insights into what is being taught in the classroom and the progress of their children.
- Homework provides opportunities for students to practise reading skills and to develop a love for reading.