At St Anthony’s we believe that a child is best educated in partnership with families and to do this ‘communication’ is the key. This communication is two way.
The school will:
- Endeavour to get to know you and form a strong relationship
- Keep you informed on current events and issues
- Initiate communication about your childs progress
- Plan formal and informal school activities
- Provide childcare for formal school occasions
As parents you can:
- Get to know your childs’ teacher and form strong relationships
- Read the newsletter and notes that come home
- Fill in and return important forms i.e. emergency/medical details forms, permission to administer medication forms, excursion/swimming permission forms
- Attend Parent – Teacher afternoons or evenings
- Make appointments with teachers to discuss matters for clarification
- Send a note to the class teacher to explain your childs’ absence or why they are not in correct school uniform.
- Avail yourselves of the chance to attend informal / formal social activities where you will get to know and speak to school staff.
- Keep the school informed of family situations that may affect the childs safety or health